Thursday, April 16, 2009

ECONOMIC CRISIS

1 Year Ago:

I saw it on the news. Huge banks and business were collapsing. The stock market came crashing down. People were losing their homes. The unemployment rate was going up and up. In Utah, the prices of homes leveled off and gradually started to come down.

6 Months Ago:
I felt it trickling in towards me. Many Utah businesses were announcing cut backs. People I knew were worried about their jobs. Everyone started to cut back in their personal lives.

3 Months Ago:
I saw close friends lose their jobs. Tim's company announced some cut backs and mandatory days off each month without pay. We started to feel the effects of the economy. We were in the clear.....

....at least we thought.

2 Days Ago:
Tim got laid off. The economic crisis is definitely effecting us. If anyone knows of a good job with benefits please let me know. Thank you.


22 comments:

dalene said...

Oh dear. I'm so sorry. Looking for anything specific? I'll keep my eyes open. Good luck to you guys!

Boshell Family said...

That sucks. You guys are in our prayers.

Jenny Sue said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! I think your post really hits home about what a lot of us were/are feeling about the economy. It just keeps inching closer and closer...

Brittney said...

I;m so sorry Steff

Unknown said...

I love you, Steffi Sue!!!

Desiree said...

steff,
i am sad to hear the news. we will definitly keep our eyes open....
take care, and we will pray for you and tim.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I'll keep my eyes open and my knees knelt.

--Savanna

Tristan said...

We know exactly how you feel!!! It wasn't very long ago when Curtis lost his job and we were pregnant too! It's really too bad. I still remember Curtis enjoying his carpool with Tim right before Curt got laid off. Good luck with the job hunt! Who knows, maybe Tim will find a bigger and better job and what seems like a trial will turn out to be a blessing for the both of you.

Just a couple of tips (maybe you already know):
-Bro. Lunceford is the ward employment specialist
-Curtis told me that in Elders Quorum they are starting to take the first few minutes to ask around of anyone knows of job openings. I know Tim serves in the Primary so maybe he will also want to talk to the Elders Quorum Presidency.

Desiree said...

one more thing. brian just recently found this site called simplyhired.com they have had the most job postings in his field, maybe Tim would have some luck there.

The Felix Family said...

Oh I am so sorry Steff! Good luck with the job hunt! I wish I could help with something!

Gina said...

Oh Steff- How stressful!! It's so scary. What does Tim do again? I'll talk to Cory and see if he's heard of anything. Love you! If you need anything through it all please don't hesitate to ask!!

Beth said...

Gina, I'm so sorry to hear that Tim lost his job. I will keep your family in my prayers. I know blessings will come to you while you are going through this and pregnant. I hope things turn around very soon. Let me help in any way I can. Can't wait to be your neighbor soon, I'll just be a few doors down--let me help anytime. :)

Beth said...

Steffani- I am a dork and wrote Gina...I guess I just saw her name on the last comment...sorry! I do know who's blog I am reading!!

Diane said...

I am so sorry to hear this! I am praying an opportunity opens up for him quickly. Just have to get right out there and insist people hire him.

Katie S said...

I am so sorry!! What sort of work are you looking for? If I see/hear of anything, I'll let you know!! Let me know if I can do anything - babysitting, meals, whatever.

Annie said...

I am so sorry steff! I hope things work out soon! Let me know if I can do anything to help out.

Summer said...

Sorry to hear... our prayers are with you all! If I hear of anything I will totally let you know.

NATE, SARAH, AND JORDAN said...

Steff I can't believe this! Nate already called Tim about getting a job through Wal-mart and about their benefits especially with his diabetes and you being pregnant. If you need anything call me.

michelle said...

I've been total blog slacker! first just want to say So sorry about Tim. I will keep my ears open. Second congrats on the Baby! Hope everything goes well. Is Judd the Doc? That is so exciting stay in touch..

Breeana said...

I am so, so sorry, I really hope something turns around for you. We will keep you in our prayers.

On a happier note, congrats on the preganancy! That is so exciting!

Beth said...

It was so fun visiting with you tonight at the baby shower! You are the cutest! Can't wait to be neighbors!

Cheyenne said...

Does it make you feel better to know that I'm pregnant without health insurance? I'm halfway to where you are. If I find a job for Tim, will you come be my neighbor?