Saturday, August 7, 2010

Triangle Bar Ranch Camp

We're building a big lodge/campground in Randolph at my families Ranch. This will be the gathering place of many future Rex Reunions. It will also be available for us anytime we want to go camping just as an immediate family. There is talk about renting the campground out as well. There is such a neat feeling in Randolph. On the drive there, I was looking at the beautiful scenery and was brought to tears. My grandma's death is still very recent and I can feel her presence almost daily, but going to Randolph intensified that presence. Driving on the dirt road up the mountain, it's almost as if I could see my grandpa on the horizon riding his horse, keeping an eye on his family. The pride and love for our grandparents runs deep.

Here are some pictures of the "lodge raising."

Many hands make light work! We have several really handy people in our family. A special thanks to me Uncle Curtis for the vision and spearheading of the Triangle Bar Robert Rex Family Reunion Campground Lodge Twin Peaks Ranch Camp. (LOL!!! I don't know the official name of it yet, so I'll just call it that for now:)

When it's finished, the lodge will have bathrooms, showers, a loft, large kitchen and huge open area for large gatherings. There are eleven distinct camp spots in the campground, one for each of the children, but several places to put tents and trailers. There will also be a large amphitheater, fire pit and outhouses throughout the campground.

I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of my kids! They absolutely love it here!! They call it "The Muddy Camp," because last year it rained and rained and everything and everyone was MUDDY. This year it didn't rain on us, so they started calling it "The Dirty Camp," cause lets face it, camping is a pretty dirty thing to do.

P.S. Check out my craft blog to see my new dresser redo!

2 comments:

Boshell Family said...

Looks like fun! Last week on our way to and from Wyoming we passed through Randolph. We stopped and let the girls play at the playground. It's a cute little town!

Trish said...

How cool is that? Sounds like a fun place to go.