Is the best word to describe how I feel at the moment.
The 411: I started working a full-time graveyard shift at the same company Tim works for. Yes, I'm still doing daycare. Yes, I get a little bit of sleep. My day starts, well actually it doesn't really have an end or a start anymore, it feels like one continuous day. So anyways, I get off work at 7:30AM and make it home by 8AM for my first daycare kid to arrive. I wake Addi and Hally up and we do the normal before school routine. Then off to school they go. Then I come home and my other daycare kid comes. Next we play in the basement while mommy dozes on and off on the couch. Before we know it the kids are home from school and it's lunch time, reading time and homework time. Addi and Hally are begging for a friend to come over, which I generally allow, but only one at a time. Nap time for the little ones is at 1 pm. I have a nap while they're napping. About 2 hours long. Then it's up from nap, snacks, diaper changes, more playing and if I have time I start dinner. Daycare kids leave between 5 & 5:30. I jump in the shower and hit the hay by 6pm. Then I sleep till 10pm, get up and head to work, which starts at 11:00pm. See what I mean about continuous?
WHY?: This job is temporary. We would like to save, save, save for a bigger house/pay off some debt and GET AHEAD. Please tell me you know what I'm talking about when I say it would be nice to get ahead. My plan is to expand my daycare and I need a bigger house to do so. I feel like I could really do well with it. Ideally I'd like to find a house with a finished walkout basement. Daycare would be in the basement and the kids could just walk right outside to play. Then the upstairs would remain untouched. The daycare that I imagine in my head is so fun and beautiful!! :) So anyways, off to work I go so I can hopefully make this vision a reality!
What I'm doing: It's a manual labor job. I'm lifting and operating giant machines all night. It's actually kind of cool. I feel cool anyways. I'm the only girl in my area, which is a little intimidating, but I'm handling it. The whole graveyard thing actually isn't as bad as it seems and the pay is pretty good.
What I've learned: -It's tough to be a full-time work outside the home mom. Kudos to all those who do it. All the time I used to have for everything fun, is now gone. I keep telling myself this is temporary and I can do it!!! -I've also learned how to use calipers AND it's nearly impossible to get 2, small, curiously, insanely, strong, magnets apart. They're dangerous buggers and caused me multiple blood blisters. I'm tougher than I thought and I kind of like working where I do. If I can't preform all of the tasks I will be moved to another area. I totally want to learn how to use the huge and scary looking machines. I want to be the cool girl that can run the machines! :) -I look so hot in safety glasses! *sarcasm* :D
What I'm thankful for: -TIM. He tried to talk me out of it, but I'm a stubborn one and wanted to work graveyards anyways. He's been such a good help to hurry me off to bed when he gets home. He makes dinner for himself and the kids, then puts them to bed when it's time. He always has the house tidy when I wake up. He's perfect! Love him! This working mom business is a serious sacrifice for EVERYONE in our house. Not just myself! -I am also thankful for Beyonce. For some reason her CD (I know, I'm probably the only one out of everyone reading this that still listens to CD's) helps to keep me awake on the way to and from work. -5 hour energy. Half a bottle of this stuff gives me a good boost to finish my early morning at work. -My kids have been really sweet and understanding. Love them so much! Addi said on my first night at work, "Mom, you don't need to work, I like our house and want to stay here. We don't need a bigger house." She also told me several times to drive safely. She was very concerned about me.
Goodnight all. I better catch up on some sleep while I can.
***I always proof read my posts like 3 times, but I don't have time tonight so please excuse any errors.***

15 comments:
You are seriously AMAZING! Let me know if I can watch your girls so you can get more sleep!
Wow, way to go Steffani! I can't believe you are still tending kids too. Keep it up- I know the feeling. Like you said, it's just temporary =)
Wow, Steff! I just don't know how you do it! It will be worth it! I'm going to have your girls over to play more often, I promise! You are just about the most adorable person, I loved reading this- you are so positive! :)
AAHHH--you are amazing!! The thing that killed me the most in your post is that you try to get dinner started if you have the time--I don't make dinner 85% of the time and I stay at home with my one baby! I totally hear you when you talk about wanting to get ahead. While I was pregnant I was working up to 60 hours a week so we could afford for me to stay home once Gavin was born. It helps a lot to know what you're working for; it helps get you through the hard times. You are teaching your girls a huge lesson in sacrifice by doing this. Way to go and keep up the good work!
Oh my goodness - you are crazy! But... I am full or admiration! Way to go on doing your part to help the family! You amaze me! And on top of all this you just got my calling also! Wow, all I can say is Wow!
I bet you do look hot in your safety goggles!! You are hands down one of the most amazing people I know. Since I can remember, I've always thought that. You are a "Virtuous Woman" (Proverbs 31: 10-31)--this describes you to a "T"!!! For real.
Love you!
--Savanna
Wow your amazing :)
Wow your amazing :)
i just love you! you are so determined, so awesome, and capable of anything and everything. your an inspiring woman.
Wow Steffy! You ARE amazing! You've always been this way, you see what you want and you find a way to make it happen, no matter what. I love you!
Oh, man! You crazy lady! We talk about ways we can get ahead all the time. Student loans...sigh! Good for you.
It sucks working - I know! It's a sacrifice that will be so worth it in the end! Be careful driving! Call me if you need to - I am probably driving home at the same time!
Holy cow girl... You are amazing, I wouldn't function well on a night job! You are my hero! Love ya, I hope you don't have to work outside of home for to long!
Oh my I did graveyards and just had Kolt and I couldn't do it. Your are awesome! Please be carefull coming home...that is scary! Good for you and it definatly helps that tim is willing to do all those things.
You're doing awesome! Be safe!
Post a Comment