Thursday, December 10, 2009

❤ INTRODUCING... ❤

KENDALL STUBBS
Born November 17, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Seconds Old

Minutes Old

Yes, you read that correctly... 9 POUNDS 11 OUNCES! AND 22" LONG!

Hours Old

Proud Daddy

Precious Angel

Proud Mom

So Sweet

Kissable Cheeks

Kendall, you're BEAUTIFUL! We are so glad you are here and we are so excited for you to be part of our family!!

The Story:
On, November 16th (the day before Kendall was born), I was an emotional wreck because we would be dropping Addi and Hally off at my parents house and due to strict hospital rules, I wouldn't be able to see them for 4 days. This year has been an awful flu season and so no children under 14 are aloud in hospitals. They got to come to the outside window of my hospital room a few times and we held the baby up so they could see her. It's really hard for me to be away from my kids for long periods of time. I guess I was also emotional because it's always nerve racking having a baby. Hoping that everything will go okay. I would be having a scheduled c-section the morning of Nov. 17th and I just wanted everything to go well. Tim gave me a blessing that morning before we headed to the hospital and I truly think that played an amazing role in my awesome recovery! Probably the worst part about the whole hospital experience was that they couldn't find a vein to put the I.V. into. They tried... and tried... and tried... and tried again to no avail. They would poke me and then fish around... okay I am getting nauseous just thinking about it. FINALLY they called in the anesthesiologist and with ONE poke, he got it! Yay! Tim had a harder time with that part then I did, I could see the pale look on his face as he sat in the chair across the room. Then onto surgery. I was really worried because with my last c-section, I remember thinking I was going to die because I couldn't breath. This time they put a wedge under my back and I could breath fine. It's the weirdest sensation, being cut open. I was numb from the spinal, but you can still feel them pulling your body apart. My mom and dad were watching through the viewing window (the only visible part of my body was the actual incision, everything else is covered up, but I imagine it's still kind of gory to watch). At one point both doctors were up on the table pushing on my ribs because she was stuck. Then they finally got her out. I couldn't believe it when the told me how big she was! I am only 5'2" with a very short torso. No wonder I felt like I was going to fall apart and die the last couple months of being pregnant.
Recovering from the c-section has been a piece of cake. Everyone keeps telling me to take it easy, but I firmly believe that the more you do, the better you feel. This was my third c-section and by far the easiest. It's now been 3 weeks and I feel like a new woman! Yesterday, I did all the laundry, vacuumed the house (including the stairs) and cleaned the bathrooms. I was vacuuming at 1 1/2 weeks after surgery. Not being able to vacuum after a c-section is purely a myth. My doctors say that I'm fine to do anything I feel like if it doesn't hurt. If you want to get better, then you have to get up and move! I really think that me feeling so awesome is because, like I said before, when I was pregnant I felt like I was going to die and so recovering from major surgery has been nothing compared to how awful I felt when I was pregnant. My first 2 pregnancy's were great, so it must be because this baby weighed almost 10 lbs. that made it so hard for me.

I am embarrassed to show this picture, but look how HUGE and miserable I was!!!!

3 weeks after... like I said... I feel like a new woman!!!

12 comments:

Boshell Family said...

Stef you look awesome! Wow, nice job on carrying and delivering an almost 10 pounder! She's beautiful. I love all of her hair!

Jenny Sue said...

WOW! I've been waiting and waiting for pictures and you sure came through. She's so cute! I didn't think babies could be so cute that soon after being born. Also, a few other things struck me while reading this post. 1-TOTALLY jealous of your dark hair right now. I mean I always have been, but especially right now. 2- You WERE huge! Are we allowed to say that now that you look amazing and tiny again? :) 3 - You look amazing and tiny! I don't how you and your sister do it..it's only been 3 weeks! How are you so skinny already? And lastly 4- I'm so excited to see you guys!!!! SO excited. Oh also, I love Tim's facial hair! He really knows how to rock that look. Okay, I'm done! Long comment, sorry! I'll see you soon, yay!

The Felix Family said...

I am so exctied to see picutres. She is so beautiful!! I love dark haired babies. I am so glad everything went well and you recovered so quickly. I had a c-section last time and I swear I never want one again because recovery was awful!! You make it seem possible. It sounds like the role of mom of three has come very natural for you. Good luck with it all!!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about doing what you can. I remember feeling like I could do almost anything when Charlotte was out. Losing all that weight is freeing. And you really look like a knew woman! Holy cow! Kendall is beautiful! Sweet cheek baby!

Summer said...

Steff you are awesome! Your baby is beautiful! You look just as cute as ever!

Desiree said...

You're so teenie tiny now! Your story gave me de ja vu - They couln't find a vein for me either but the Anethi...yeah that guy, found it right away - in my hand! Dad gave me a blessing and I know that saved my life. My BP was so high I should've had a stroke or seizure! Next time, if I have a c-section (my doc says I can go normal) I'm totally going to get up and work. I'm still not recovered and I followed doc's orders - I have lost any bit of muscule tone I had and now stairs are super hard and for once it's not my knees! Cheynnie did what you did and she has recovered MUCH faster. So glad everything went well. Can't wait to meet your little one! Elsie and Kenadll - BFFS!!!!
You really do look great! Must've been ALL baby!

The Sutherland Family said...

Congrats!Oh my goodness I can't believe how big she was! I can't believe how big you were and now you are just back to normal so quickly. I bet you feel SO much better! That is a very big baby for you. I can't wait to see her, she is absolutely gorgeous, I love her cheeks and hair. We want to come out and see her soon but Josh has been working so late lately, but hopefully soon. She's a doll Steffani, Congrats again!I'm glad your feeling well so quickly too, that's always a plus.

Tristan said...

You look great! It's amazing how much more energized you feel after NOT being pregnant. I'm so glad that the c-section went well for you. I think next baby I will be talking to my doctor about the wedge! :) Kendall is sooo cute!!! I love her big, round cheeks!

Kelsey Kamauu said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Um, dear girl you look amazing! I can't believe your pictures! Wow! great job! Your baby is so precious! Wish I could come hold her and help you out for a day! hope everything is going well! Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka! :)

Jen said...

Wow the before and after pictures are unreal !!!! your poor little body was streached to the max !! you look so good.. way to go !!!

Shari said...

dang girl, you look awesome!

Tiff said...

umm can i please have your stomach? i'm still sporting a nice little pouch.