Monday, March 29, 2010

A visit with Grandma Rex




This is my Grandma, Pearl Rex. She's 92 and has lived quite the incredible life. She's raised 11 kids and has around 56 grandkids? I am too lazy to count right at this moment. She goes dancing twice a week. She's lived on her own since her second husband died a few years ago. She's also good friends with Orrin Hatch and other local leaders and has been kissed on the cheek by President George Bush Jr. She is a Republican through and through and has campaigned for all sorts of local politicians and had a hand in getting them elected. Her service to this state/nation have been outstanding. She volunteers her time to help children and many other organizations, tirelessly raising money for them. She's truly lived life to the fullest. I hope I can be more like her. I realize that she's getting older and a little more feeble as time passes. I have been thinking a lot about her lately and want her to know that I love her so much! Thanks for all you do Grandma Rex! :)

5 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

She looks like such a sweet smart and sassy old lady! She is so cute. I love her outfit!

Breeana said...

That is quite the outfit, it really made me smile :)

Cheyenne said...

She's quite the deal! For such little feet, she sure leaves a big track to fill, doesn't she?

Jenny Sue said...

Grandma is so cute!! I've been thinking about her a lot recently too...what an amazing woman she is. She's an inspiration to everybody, no matter where you stand on an issue, to DO something about it..instead of complaining and being bitter about not getting your way. Love her so much. She's an amazing example of the power we have as individuals.

~~Heidi~~ said...

I love your grandma Rex, I had no idea that Emmerson passed away, i am so sorry to hear that!
I am totally out of touch with my best friend ever, and I feel so bad about it! I would love to be on your craft blog... I didn't even know that you had one, its so fun too! love ya steff