Sunday, September 19, 2010

No More Training Wheels

We've come to another big milestone! There's been a lot this year. Kindergarten, loss of first tooth and about a month ago she learned to ride her bike without training wheels. You can tell in these pictures that she's really, really concentrating on riding her bike. I feel bad about posting these pictures because she's not wearing a helmet. *Cringe.* BUT I promise that the no helmet wearing has come to an end and she always has to wear it from now on. Here's a tip I learned from my neighbor on teaching your kids to ride their bikes without training wheels. It's all about the two wheel scooter first. Addi has had a two wheel scooter for about a year, but never really mastered the balance thing. Meaning being able to ride with two feet on the scooter for an extended period of time. The day that the balance thing finally clicked in her head, she could also get right on her bike and start riding it with no problem. We had been working with her on her bike for awhile, but it was hard for her to keep her balance. So, just know that it's easier to help them learn to balance on their scooters and after they get the hang of that, then they'll generally be ready for their bike.
Addi prayed to Heavenly Father every night that she would be able to ride her bike without training wheels. After she accomplished this, she recognized on her own that Heavenly Father had helped her and she made sure to thank him that very night. Last week one of the neighbor boys was getting frustrated, because he was trying to learn how to ride his bike without training wheels and was having a hard time. Addi said to the little boy, "I know what will help you. You need to pray to Heavenly Father and he will help you ride your bike, because I prayed to Heavenly Father and he helped me ride my bike." I love my Addi! She's such a good girl and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter!


3 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

How sweet is she? I love how she is just so naturally good all the time! And the scooter tip is good to know, thanks!

Boshell Family said...

Good job Addie!

Anonymous said...

She is just the sweetest thing! Love that girl! Go Addie!!