Thursday, November 8, 2012

Addi turns 8

Addi is 8! I love this little girl so much! She has such a tender heart, she's a great helper, she loves to read, she does great at school, people love to be around her, she likes to organize things and she's very creative! I am so blessed to be her mom and can't imagine my life without her!

This year for her birthday, we had just been in our new home for only a few weeks and didn't really have any new friends yet to have a friend party. I felt bad about this, because turing 8 is an important birthday. She was a sweetheart and was fine just having a family party.


Part of her present was getting her new room ready. This is an old door that I painted blue for her headboard...

The after picture. I think it turned out cute and Addi loves it so I'm happy!

The bedding is from Target.

Then my parents came over (so excited they live less than 5 minutes away now!), we had pizza, opened presents and had cake and ice cream. It was a fun low-key birthday. Sometimes those are kind of nice.












Usually it takes me hours to make my kids' birthday cakes, but this year Addi wanted strawberry cake with chocolate frosting and a strawberry on top. Easiest cake ever! Thanks Addi!


A full shot of her bedroom with her new reading chair and light fixture.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG she is cute!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhBATrjLYUQ6BneYaXwOfyb3govt2_6xiKHLIm7tf4mxn3cI1Lk3hzX9BGgvBPRAwm7jr1t7mtqxibU9RNyhvEZEPawNszAsW0YtxAdSXVg5GFNXjmloZ_2vlNvJGuQsRX04ZUZs4IQfg4Z/s0/IMG_3644.JPG

I put this picture on display life size in my home in one of my large digital picture displays. The clarity and detail is so good when I walk up to look at her she literally appears to be directly in front of me looking at me and smiling at me. She actually looks like I can reach out and touch her and I just love that! In fact, when I stood there looking at her for the first time I was like dang, I really want kiss this girl! It looked like she was staring at me so I felt a little embarrassed, but I thought what the heck. I was all alone with her so I leaned forward and began kissing her! I was like OMG! She literally blew me away. The display is warm and silky smooth so it seemed like she came to life and I was really getting to kiss her and I was like this is really frickin awesome and so much fun! I just kept kiss her and laughing and giggling I was having so much fun! I was like this is so cool. I have my own little girl I can enjoy kissing whenever I want!