The 24th of July! I look forward to this day every year. Always on the 24th we go to my parents house in Mapleton. Mapleton really does put on a spectacular fireworks show. I know everyone is partial to their own town's firework show, but really Mapleton is the best I've seen. I'm not sure if it's because we have the best seats in town, or if it's because the rich orthodontists on the hill buy the fireworks and feel the need to outdo themselves each year?
We get to my mom's house early in the evening so we can spend some time doing crafts with the kids. Then we have a BBQ and then the most famous ping pong ball drop. The kids get a wrist band, then when they call their age group, they gather around. The helicopter drops a huge bucket of ping pong balls with numbers on them. The kids grab a ping pong ball and hope their number is called so they can win a new BIKE! Hally won last year:)
Then the kids play, we listen to the music and wait for the, oh so AMAZING FIREWORKS! It's the best time ever! I love it! Then after it's over, hundreds of people trample my parents field as a short cut to get to their cars. I'm pretty sure we could make bank if we charged $5 a car for them to park in the field. We talk about it every year.

0 comments:
Post a Comment