Thursday, February 21, 2008

RECIPE OF THE WEEK

FIESTA SALAD (This is my rendition of the popular Cafe Rio Salad)

                                                                                               YUMMY!! 
Ingredients:
  • flour tortillas
  • grated cheddar cheese
  • spanish rice (I use minute rice mixed with tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and a bit of salsa)
  • a can of black beans or pinto beans, heated
  • a can of corn, heated
  • meat (optional) I like it vegetarian style, but feel free to use shredded beef, chicken, or pork (you can make it yourself or buy it pre-made at the store.)
  • lettuce
  • garnish with sour cream, guacamole, and the salad dressing of your choice.
  • top with a small amount of crumbled tortilla chips
-Put tortillas on an oven-safe pan, top with a fair amount of grated cheese and broil in the oven until cheese is melted. (Keep an eye on them, tortillas will burn fast!)
-Put tortilla on a plate and layer with heated rice, beans, corn, meat, lettuce, & your garnishes.
-ENJOY!  
*I like just sour cream and guacamole, no dressing.  Tim likes only salad dressing, no sour cream and guacamole.

5 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Mmmm...looks good! You asked if I ate my recipes a lot. That was the first time that I've made the mango salsa, although we have a garden every summer so I've made lots of "salsa" variations. Also, the cake was a first for me, too. You should try the cake because it totally satisfies any chocolate craving without the guilt!

Shari said...

I love how you out these recipes on. That is so fun! It looks like you had a fun time in Cedar City. AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog spot. I'm trying your salad for dinner tonight. I think we're going to try it.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say like it.

Unknown said...

WOW! What a thoughtful husband. Haven loves the picture of Addi with the crown. He says she is so beautiful. GEEE I thought you weren't a cook. I think your food looks a lot better than mine.