
"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America." - President Barak H. Obama
Anyways, I just wanted to say that I am glad to have witnessed a part of history yesterday. It was pretty amazing for me to see the first African American president take the oath of office. It touched me to see millions of people, waving their flags, in the freezing cold, just wanting to get a glimpse of a moment in history. I sat in front of the T.V. for a couple of hours watching all of the people come in. It was neat to watch the past presidents, whom are still living, and the current president, be so gracious to each other.
Barack Obama is the new president of the United States of America and whether or not you or I agree with him, he is still the president and deserves respect, just as President Bush deserved respect. President Obama is an amazing speaker and although I think he's got a lot of problems to fix and it's definitely going to take a long time to fix those problems, he really has a way of putting hope in the hearts of the American people and I guess if that's all he can give us for right now.... then I'll take it.
I am proud to be an American.

6 comments:
I agree, I personally do not like the way things turned out, but if I get one more forwarded email making fun of him I'm going to start deleting people from my contact list. We may not like the person, but we must repect the position and the choice of the people. Degrading and offensive emails and jokes about him show a lack of class and education.
You sound like a good voice of reason. I agree with you. It was a very touching ceremony from what I saw. And even though, I wasn't pulling for Obama, I am excited to see him in office, and see what he can do for us, as a country.
And I have to plug this in somewhere. I am thoroughly disgusted with the way the press and public have treated President Bush, especially lately. And I am happy for him, that he can be out of the press spotlight, and lead a more quiet life now.
Good for you, Steffy Sue! You have always, always held yourself to a higher standard than to let yourself succumb to petty insults and slandering rumors...something that I think everyone would LIKE to be able say about themselves, but very few honestly can (I certainly let myself get carried away more often that I would like to admit).
Also, just a quick note to your first commenter that she's so right about stupid political emails! I don't care if it's about Obama or McCain or Palin or Bush.. they are lies and people who continue send them should be ashamed, it is NOT the way to get your party to the top.
Amen sister
I didn't vote for Obama and I'm skeptical (though I'm skeptical of every pres...who keeps all their campain promises, anyway?) BUT the entire political process is amazing and I love every part of it. Being president...and the World Leader...is a big job and demands the support of the nation, whether or not you voted for the guy in charge. The inauguration, in part, showcases the pride and the quality of the American people.
I really love that you have the guts to say that. I agree with you about respecting the president. I don't agree with some of the politics of President Obama, but I am impressed with his passion for hope and how he inspires as he speaks. I, too, watched the inauguration. I wanted to witness the first African American president sworn in. I don't want someday for my children to ask what that day was like or did I witness it for myself. I want them to know that I was interested in history in the making. I, too, am proud to be an American and
the democracy that America is founded on.
Your words inspire me to write about it on my blog.
Post a Comment