Friday, January 30, 2009

BASEMENT PICTURES

It was a long and grueling process, but I did it and it turned out alright.  Do you remember what our basement looked like before? Let me remind you:

BEFORE
Before we moved in about 2 1/2 years ago, I repainted every room in the house except the basement. The walls were pretty beat up and it was so bright and so green, which actually wasn't too bad for my daycare, but it was time for a change. So here you are, wah-la!

AFTER
Here is a picture of the texture I used. My friend Gina is AMAZING and she came and showed me the technique of it all. Basically you need a lot of mud and a lot of love (ie. joint compound and patience). Then you prime it, then you paint it and then you glaze it.
 
As you can tell, I did one wall red and I don't have much on the walls yet, but this particular wall will be dedicated to Tim's sports memorabilia, so when I get it hung I will post a picture.

Does it look like a lot of work? It was, especially for one person. :) Please just allow me a moment to toot my whistle that I did this all by myself. :) Thank you.

Tim is not a fan of any type of home renovation project, if you know Tim, then you know that he can't handle this kind of thing (he stresses) and he's not afraid to admit it either. Thank goodness that I am not afraid to tackle a project of large proportion. I just told him to, "Stay out of the basement." :) Next up, I'm going to install our basement bathroom! Okay, probably a bit more than I can handle.

Do you like the window? How did I do it? Just buy an old window at an antique store and hang a wreath on it. Cost of the window $10, cost of the wreath, $15, cost of a unique wall hanging..... you guessed it..... priceless. 

16 comments:

Stubbs Stuff said...

Way to go you woman you! I love it, it turned out fabulous! I think if Tim gets his own wall, then he has to help in the bathroom:)

Annie said...

Great job! You are braver than I am I am not in to the renovation stuff! You always do such a great job at whatever you do.

Patrick and Jennie said...

You are awesome! Looks great!

Trish said...

It looks great! I love the texture. AJ is the same way and doesn't help. It's all me. We've been meaning to put in a bathroom too down there, but I'm waiting for my Dad to come out from CA to help, since I don't even know where to start!

Tiffany and Justin said...

Hey Steffani. Thanks for commenting on my blog. You're so sweet! Your family is beautiful. I love what you did to the basement. It looks amazing! My favorite color is red so the red wall is fabulous. I'm very impressed. You are definitely very talented.

Shari said...

I love love love it!

Cheyenne said...

I love the basement! We're saving up to do our basement reno, too. I have to be able to do it all at once, or it WILL NOT GET DONE!!! I'm my mother's daughter (10-year basement redo). Go for the bathroom! It's not as difficult as you think! ;)

Gina said...

You are one of the coolest people I know. I'm so glad you liked it! I LOVE it! And seriously you did it so FAST!! I am super impressed. I need to get that motivated and do my room now Ü

Tiff said...

Okay, that looks amazing! Can I hire you to do my basement walls? I'll pay with lots of love!

Jenny Sue said...

That looks awesome! You're coming up here to help with our house, right? Patrick doesn't want any help from anybody and thinks we can do it on our own. I just want somebody to tell me what is going to look good, or at the very least not horrible. You can probably guess how much we have done so far....(hint: NOTHING).

cookies4breakfast said...

Stef, I am soooo impressed. It turned out great. You are such a handy gal. Wow it is beautiful. Can't wait to see how the Tim wall turns out. Lori

dalene said...

Way to go--I love it. And please tell me where you can buy an old window for $10? I want to do something with quilt blocks behind the glass, but the one's I've seen are way too much $$.

Jen said...

You did a really good job you little crafty women:) love the red it looks really nice...how are ya doin? I haven't talked to you for awhile...

~~Heidi~~ said...

i love it!!!!!u areea mazing! some day when i have a house u need to cum help me decorate!

Katie S said...

I love it!! Do you want to come do my basement next?!?! It looks great!

Diane said...

Great job!