Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Vacation, Day #3

COZUMEL, MEXICO

We were planning to see the Mayan Ruins of Tulum on this day, BUT we totally missed the boat, quite literally. They said that not seeing the ruins of Tulum when you're in Cozumel would be like going to Paris and not seeing the Eiffel Tower. We were really bummed. I wanted to cry. Tim and I were the only ones from our group planning to go to Tulum. So there we were, all alone, with nothing to do. Thank goodness we happened to run into an awesome group of friends from our group. We started out by getting a taxi. Our driver was really cool. He would take us anywhere we wanted to go, basically all day, for a cheap price. First we went shopping. I loaded up on some loot for the kiddos. Then we had lunch at a little taco shop, at the market, in the heart of Cozumel. Then our driver dropped off Tim and I to see some different Mayan ruins, San Gervasio. Still cool, just not as cool. Then our driver took us to a BEAUTIFUL beach, where the rest of our group was hanging out.

Our huge ship.

Taco shop.


I ordered chips and salsa and this is what I got. Funny.

Meat hanging in the market place.

Daryl, Chad and Tim

Pretty palm trees.

SAN GERVASIO










There were iguanas everywhere! :)



Beautiful Beach!:)






Us with our taxi driver, Manuel.


1 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a gorgeous and fun day! So glad you got to see some ruins. That is also a lot of fun that you had a big group of people to hang out with.