Monday, February 28, 2011

Vacation, Day 6 & 7

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Jamaica was beautiful! The lush green rainforest was breathtaking. We started the day by heading to Dunn's River Falls. This is one of the most popular things to do in Jamaica. It's basically a long cascading waterfall that's not too steep to climb. It was packed with people in single file line climbing up. It was definitely a lot of fun, but would have been more fun if there weren't hundreds of people trying to do the same thing. After the falls we headed to Mystic Mountain where we rode the chairlift through the rainforest with an amazing view of the ocean. When we got to the top, we rode bobsleds through the rainforest. I mean how much more Jamaica can you get than a bobsled, right? :) Well, I can think of a few more things... ;)
All in all the scenery was beautiful, but the people there are very aggressive and rude. It was a little bit scary. I was glad to experience it, but am okay if I never get to go back.

Ocho Rios

Chillin' with Marcie and Brandon.

Dunn's River Falls:

This picture is, I'm guessing an 1/8 of the actual waterfall in it's entirety.

Next we're headed to Mystic Mountain:

On the chairlift.

View from the chairlift.



BOBSLED:






The beautiful rainforest.


That night was our second formal night at dinner. My formal wear consisted of a skirt and shirt. It's stinkin' hard to find formal wear!

Day 7: The very last day! Here is everyone in our group! We had such a fun time! I recommend that everyone go on a cruise. With friends. At least once a year. Ha ha, well if only we could go once a year, now wouldn't that be awesome. It was sooooo much fun, but it was good to get back and see our kids!
From left: Neil, Alli, Alex, Jen, Mckell, Daryl, Brandon, Marcie, Chad, Britni, Mark, Nate, Riley, Tim and ME! :)

0 comments: