Saturday, April 14, 2012

30

Yep. I'm thirty. I feel old. My body is a little more achy, my curves are a little more round and I have a few more wrinkles. Let's face it. I'm an old lady now. Okay, so maybe not an old lady, but I do feel older. It's weird how going from 29 to 30 can make you feel so much older. Anyways, every year on (or around) my birthday I like to do a post about me. Stuff I like, stuff I don't like, opinions I have, etc.

  1. I'm obsessed with The Vampire Diaries. My close friends and family can attest to this. I'm especially fond of one vampire in particular, Damon Salvator. Oh my goodness, that's all I'll say.
  2. I'm still working. I originally stated that I'd work for one year, but lets face it, we all knew that it would turn into a lot longer. Things never go as planned, right? I've been working now for 16 months. I like my job. It's really physical and I feel like a tough chick working where I do. I run huge machines. I can fix them (for the most part) when they're broke and I'm super good at my job. I'm the only girl on my crew which has it's goods and bads. There's less drama, but lots of sports talk (which I'm not too shabby at joining in on) AND lot's of sex talk. Hmmmm. I've kind of become immune to this sort of talk. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I have seniority on my shift, so when my boss is gone, I'm in charge. I know, it's pretty cool. I get to tell all the boys what to do. I'm nice, but I'm not afraid to tell people what to do and I can hold my own. People respect me, because I'm a HARD worker. I give the young guys a run for their money. I'm super tiny compared to them and yet my supervisor told me that I'm the hardest worker in my area. Made me feel good. I can see myself working there for along time. I can see myself being a boss, sooner than later. BUT, the big question is, is that what I want? There's a lot to think about. We'll probably buy a house this summer and then the question will have to be answered. Continue working where I'm at and move up the chain and an amazing company, or quit and open my daycare. To be continued...
  3. Going along with the above, number 2 and I think I talked about this last year too. Here it goes. If you're struggling financially or want to get ahead in life, it's on you. I do believe there are certain situations that may need financial assistance, but for the most part people are irresponsible and lazy. Simple as that. If you don't have the money, don't spend it. If you owe money, YOU need to pay it back. If you rely on the government and/or church to pay your bills, get off your butt and figure it out. (Like I said before there are SOME situations that I completely agree it's okay to rely on the government/church.) Don't take the easy way out like so many people do. It's not fair. The church wants us to be stay at home moms, BUT they never said they would pay your bills for the duration of your children's childhood so you can stay at home. The fact of the matter is, in a perfect world I would do just that, stay at home. With my husbands income, I will always have to do some form of work. Inside the home or outside the home. That's okay with me. I like to contribute. It's so frustrating when I'm working my ass off to be self sufficient and so many other people are relying on other people to pay their bills/taking the east way out. I could go on for hours, but my rant ends here.
  4. We're 99.9% sure that we're done having babies. Eeeeeeek. This makes me kind of sad. I've been getting rid of all my baby stuff. My baby is 2 1/2 and I am trying to enjoy every single phase with her, because she is my last:(
  5. I'm a home body. Tim likes to always be going and doing and gets kind of depressed when he's stuck at home. He calls it being a, "Cooped up duck!" I on the other hand am perfectly happy being a hermit at home. I enjoy cleaning my house, organizing stuff and watching my shows. Don't get me wrong, I love to be social too, but there's nothing like chillin' at home.
  6. My favorite thing to do is interior design. I LOVE LoVe love it! I often find myself daydreaming about my dream house and everything it would entail. People always ask me to help them, which makes me nervous, because I know what I like, but I'm not sure they will like it. I love to paint furniture most of all. I hate that my husband has such an opinion on house stuff. I wish he would just give me full reigns and let me do whatever. He's never sure of what I do. It makes me mad. I tell him that I know what looks good! LOL! I tell him that his passion is sports and my passion is home stuff! We'll see how it goes when we buy our new house. Wish me luck!
  7. I hate that the world has become so attached to their phones and internet. It make me even more mad that I'm one of them. I don't even have internet on my phone and I still find away to be on Facebook or Pinterest or Draw Something or my blog. GAH! They need AA for these kinds of people. By the way, have you noticed that blogging isn't as popular as it used to be. Like 3-4 years ago everybody was blogging all the time. I notice that less and less people are blogging now.
  8. I want to get healthy. That's the number two reason I want to quit my job. I feel like I have no time to be healthy working graves. First of all I get very little sleep. I eat horribly, because my eating schedule is so messed up. I don't have time to exercise. Yeah, it's pretty bad. Can't wait to be healthy again.
Well that's it for this year. Stay tuned for next years list!

1 comments:

Desiree said...

1. Happy Birthday! Can't believe I missed it! Guess it's par for the course in our relationship.
2. I have an article you need to read to help you decide what to do with your job.
3. What's your Draw Something username? We should play.
4. I'm an internet junkie too. BUT if not for the internet, I'd never know what's going on with you so I'm grateful!
5. LOVE YOU!!!!