Monday, April 2, 2012

In Love with Jackson Hole

We decided to take a weekend trip to Jackson Hole. We left Friday morning and came back Sunday. It took about 5 hours to get there. There's so much to do in Jackson and the surrounding areas that a weekend trip clearly wasn't enough time. We tried to squish as much in as possible, but there was so much we didn't even get to do/see. I would recommend going in the summer or the winter, but not really the spring time. We were limited by the lack of snow/too much snow. In the winter there is lots to do like skiing, snowmobiling, sleigh riding, etc. In the summer you can hike, mountain bike, fish, etc. All while taking in the beauty of your surroundings.

The drive there was beautiful, especially Star Valley.

We stayed at The Lodge at Jackson Hole. It's a Best Western Plus. All of their rooms were mini suites and newly renovated. Definitely the nicest room I've stayed in. Just take a look!
King size bed and flat screen tv,

Fireplace, sofa bed,

spa like bathroom,

and my FAVORITE-the wonderful shower! Don't mind if I do!

Ready to go swimming.

We rode the tram up to the top of the mountain at Jackson Hole Ski Resort.



Every time you tell Kendall to smile she closes her eyes.


See those people going down Jackson's most popular/dangerous ski run?

The views were breathtaking! That's why I've posted tons of scenery pictures.



The waffle restaurant at the top of the mountain.

Tim, wishing he was skiing. Him and Addi brought all of their ski stuff and planned to go, but Addi ended up with a bad sore throat and high fever and didn't feel like skiing. Tim felt bad leaving the family on our vacation to go skiing, even though I kept telling him to not feel bad and that he should go. Forbes ranked Jackson as the number one ski resort in America, which it surely was and Tim didn't even get to ski it. Oh well, maybe next time.

Taking in the beauty.



Believe it or not, but there's actually people skiing down this. Can you see the tiny little dots at the top of this mountain? Yep, those are people. Daredevils. Thrill seekers.

Headed back down.

Now for a ride on the gondola.


Then we headed to the Grand Teton National Park. You could only drive 25 miles in, because of the snow, but look at how amazing the Tetons are. Jackson lake is frozen over at the foot of the mountains. I bet it's a sight to see in the summer, but it's just as pretty in the winter!

Snake River

More beautiful scenery pics.

Oh look there I am! Excuse Kendall's messy hair. She hates to have anything in her hair. Whenever I put something in it to keep it out of her eyes, she takes it right out. I propped the camera up on a rock to take this picture and forgot to fix her hair. Oh well.





Then we drove to the Grand Targhee ski resort in hopes of going tubbing, but we were out of luck. They closed the tubbing hill the weekend before. Darnit. It was a pretty drive and I'm glad we saw it.




A back view of the Tetons headed to Grand Targhee.

Our hotel had these bears EVERYWHERE. It was so fun for the kids to find them all.

Eating some ice cream at the down town Jackson treat shop.


Downtown Jackson

The only moose we saw. We tried so hard to see some wildlife, but were very unlucky.

The famous antler arch at Jackson Square.

2 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

That looks like such a fun trip, and I can't believe how big Kendall is getting!

Summer said...

What a fun time! I have always just assumed there wouldn't be anything to do in Jackson with my kids! What a fun trip! I loved your hotel too! Beautiful!