Sunday, November 16, 2008

I DID IT!

Today was my talk and I am so glad that it's over and done with. It actually went better than I thought, but I hope I don't have to do it again for a long, long time. Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments on how to give a talk. They really did help me. My favorite was from my friends Annie, and although I didn't use her idea, it sure did make me laugh. She said that she always likes to start her talks with, "Whenever I speak my mouth gets dry and my feet sweat, so if I start drinking from my shoe, it's just cause I'm thirsty." She said that she doesn't really use that when she speaks, but I think it would definitely get people's attention if she did.

7 comments:

Diane said...

That comment just made me bust out laughing!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That comment definitely would turn some heads. I liked that your husband was the one who had love at first sight. So funny! You did a great job. I loved it. It's difficult to make the topic on baptism really interesting.

Gina said...

You did a great job! I loved the love at first sight comment too! You had a lot of stories and the beginning was cool like I said how it turned out to be you! Was that your mom that came? That was nice!

Jenny Sue said...

Good work Steffy, I knew you would do well! Wish I could have been there to hear it.

Cheyenne said...

So now you're off the hook for awhile, huh? A lady in our ward always says there's a Nephite behind the podium...meaning "knee fight"...I always think of that when I'm speaking.

Summer said...

I am glad things went well. We had to speak in church about a month ago... and it was not fun. I get talking so fast! I am glad to be done with it!

Breeana said...

I thnk you did such a great job 0 especailly for feeling so yucky!