Wednesday, November 19, 2008

PANTRY SECRETS BREAD CLASS

Last night I went to the most amazing class! It was a bread making class at a ladies house in Pleasant Grove. This lady and her daughter teach the class three times a week. You would me amazed at what they can do. Generally I am the type of person that would just rather buy it to save time, but I think I have changed my mind. They made it look so EASY! The only thing is, now I want a Bosch mixer. The bread recipe makes four loaves of bread, the same one recipe can be used for pizza crusts, rolls, breadsticks, braids (my personal favorite), tortillas, scones, etc., etc. The list goes on and on. Their bread recipe only takes a total of one hour to make from start to finish, this includes the raising time and cooking time!! You can save SO much money by doing this. They also teach some great tips on food storage. The class is $20 and they demonstrate how to make several different things, then you get to pick something to make yourself and take home. I would recommend this class to anyone! I also bought their DVD that shows you how to make everything. Their website is www.pantrysecrets.net and I wouldn't mind going to the class again if anyone wants to go. I went with my friend Shari (middle), Shari's mom (not pictured) and her friend Becky (front).

6 comments:

michelle said...

I am so proud of you!!! That is great! I think we are all feeling the desperation of the economy. I am actually sitting here smelling my homemade bread cooking right now. I used my wheat grinder and everything... Yeah for me. If you have any great different receipes let me know!

Summer said...

Steff I would love to go! I don't have a bread maker though... do I need one? Maybe if so, Santa will have to bring me one!

Jen said...

That sounds like a lot of fun, I would love to go to a class and i'm sure Jill would to. Call us when you want to go again for sure ...

Trish said...

That sounds great. i love making homemade bread and things, but it always takes so long. I have a mixer that is like a Bosch that they don't make anymore. I wonder if it would work the same way.

Sara said...

I would absolutely love a recipe to make so many different things. This is awesome. Let me know how you like the bread. I wish they would come to Logan and do a class. I might just contact them. I too really want a Bosch. It would make my bread making so much easier. Thanks for this post. I added their site to my favorites, and I just might get me the DVD.

Tiff said...

Totally off topic, but when I first read the title of this post I thought it said "Panty Secrets". Oh my! I would love to go if I ever get down that way again.