Wednesday, May 12, 2010

SEATTLE

Last week I drove 14 hours in one day with my parents, sister, Kendall and Charlotte to Seattle for my cousin, Erin's wedding. What a LONG drive. I had never been to Oregon or Washington before. The drive through those two states was beautiful. So green. We learned on our short drive through Oregon that you can't pump your own gas there. Someone does it for you. I really wanted to stop and Roloff Farms, but not enough time. I bought a cute umbrella expecting rain in Seattle, but I didn't even get to use it. It was sunny the whole time. I for sure want to go back there and take my whole family and spend more time. Two days is not enough to see the sites, especially if you're helping with a wedding.

Seattle skyline picture taken from the car.

Kendall and Charlotte chillin' at the hotel. Boy were they happy to get out of their car seats and stretch. They were pretty good little travelers though.

These cute cousins are only 1 month apart.

Grandpa can't get enough of these cuties.

After being around talkative Charlotte, I've decided that Kendall is shy, still smiley though.

These babes were troopers.

Shopping for the wedding flowers at Pike Place Market.

There were flowers everywhere.

Dreamy produce.

We got to see these guys throwing fish around.

I took a picture of this guy and then gave him a dollar cause I felt bad for taking his picture and not giving him anything. I guess it's common courtesy. He was a good singer though.

FUN PICTURES:




We stopped here to grab a quick bite of lunch. Piroshky's are apparently a Russian food. They had lots of different flavors. They were stuffed roll/croissant type things. I got the potato, onion & cheese Piroshky. It was so good. I highly recommend this little place if you're ever at Pike's Market.
Tiff, Jen and Erin (Becky, Doug & Earlene in the background)

Tiff, Erin, Chris & Jen

My Aunt Darlene and the beautiful bride, Erin, getting ready for the big moment. Doesn't she look sooo pretty? I love her dress. Did I mention that I did her hair?

Jen, Erin & Darlene. They're so beautiful. Did I mention that I made both of those bouquets?:)
I think I may become a wedding planner. I helped Erin a lot in the planning and I really enjoy it.

Erin and her now husband, Devon, got married in this cool building called, The Bath House. It's right on the beach. First was the wedding, followed by a scrumptious dinner. Then there were toasts, which were my favorite part. So fun. Then there was music and dancing. This was one of my favorite weddings that I have ever been too. It was so perfect! This is the last picture I took before my camera died. I figured I would just use all of the pictures my sister took because she was the photographer and all. And then the worst thing imaginable happened. It was the end of the night and we were loading up the van. Somehow in the midst of our loading, my sister's camera and purse got stolen. I feel like whom ever did it must have been watching us. The second we weren't looking he/she went in for the steal. Tiff had over $1600 in camera stuff stolen along with a 2nd camera in her purse, a phone, wallet, ipod, etc. The list goes on and on. As soon as we got back to the hotel we called the police and started calling all of her credit cards and her credit cards already had $300 worth of charges that weren't hers. We were all SO sick about it. The most awful thing is the wedding pictures though. Everything else can be replaced, but those wedding pictures cannot. There were a lot of people snapping pictures at the wedding so hopefully they can get some half way decent pictures from everyone else. We definitely learned a lesson. Don't ever take your eyes off of your stuff, not even for a minute. Even if you are or aren't familiar with the area. It only takes a second for something to get stolen.

7 comments:

Tiff said...

Guess I'll be grabbing all of your pictures instead!

Cheyenne said...

This post made me almost cry! Erin looks so beautiful. The Piroshky sounds like the German runza and the Czech kolache. Not a fan of runzas but kolaches are to die for! I have the recipe for both if you're interested in making them at home.

Jenny Sue said...

You got some great pictures Steff! I really love the one of they guy playing music who you gave a dollar to. Thanks again for all your help, come back again any time!! Love you.

Beth said...

Steff, those were the best pictures, and you are so cute! What a fun place to visit! Sorry to hear about the stolen stuff! That's bad. Love seeing cute squishy sweet Kendall!

Daven and Savanna Lake said...

Ohhh, WOW! Everyone looks so happy! I haven't seen Erin or Jenny for a while they both look absolutely beautiful and happy! Mom said she met Jenny's bf and was pretty impressed.

You did a great job with the hair and boquets!

I'm so sad about Tiff's stuff! How rude! I hope they feel bad when they look through all of those pictures on the STOLEN camera!

Wow! I miss all of you guys so much! I love you! It's so nice to have a family like ours! Grandma did well :)

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! You have the photographer talent! Great pics.!!!

Anonymous said...

Steffani,
You always do such great hair. Wish you were my mom or sister. Your girls' hair always looks gorgeous. My poor girls don't have a chance!