Sunday, August 24, 2008

5 YEARS

Saturday, August 23rd was our 5 year anniversary. I can't believe we've been married for 5 years! We went to the cutest bed & breakfast called Johnson Mill in Midway, Utah. I was completely impressed with this quaint little place. They have many amenities that large hotels don't have, for example: they had fresh baked cookies just sitting on a plate in the foyer for everyone to enjoy, free movies, popcorn, hot chocolate, etc. Our room was beautiful and plenty spacious for being the cheapest room they offered. After we checked in, we went out to eat at a restaurant in Midway called Mountain House Grill which was delicious. Then when we got back to our room, the bed was covered in rose petals and on the table there was chocolate dipped strawberries and sparkling apple cider. So romantic! In the morning they fed us a delicious huge breakfast and then we went for a ride in the canoe on their 3 acre pond. Check out was at 11 AM and then we headed to see a movie, "The Dark Night" which was amazing!


The beautiful view from our room!



I took this picture right out the window of our room.

I am so lucky to be married to the love of my life. He's the sweetest husband and dad! He loves me and the kids more than anything. I love you so much Tim. Happy Anniversary!

15 comments:

Brittney said...

I'm jealous, we just canceled our anniversary trip because we didn't have anyone to watch Boston. That place looks beautiful and I totally want some chocolate strawberries right now.

The Sutherland Family said...

Happy Anniversary! That place looks gorgeous...I've heard about it on good things utah. How fun!

~~Heidi~~ said...

How fun, happy anniversary! Wow 5 year. Way to go. We will have to check our your cute bed and breakfast sometime. I have always dreamed of going to a bed and breakfast, with all those things you just said they have! Seriously that sounds so romantic just like in the movies! Love ya steff, and happy anny!

Jenny Sue said...

Woohoo, Happy Anniversary! You two are one of my most favorite couples of all time. Love you both (and your girls) so much!

Cheyenne said...

I can't believe it's been that long! Happy Anniversary! And here I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world...;) I finally posted two new posts, check it out!

Trish said...

Happy anniversary. Isn't Midway so pretty. AJ's aunt and uncle live up there, and his other aunt and uncle just sold their cabin they had there, so we used to go up all the time.

Diane said...

Happy Anniversary!

I wanted to thank you so very much for your words of encouragement. You really lifted my spirits even more.

Breeana said...

Happy Annivarsary! That place looks magical - We may have to look into that.

Stubbs Stuff said...

Wow has it been 5 years? It looks like you had a fun anniversary. Brandon and I need to get away and do something ALONE! We miss you guys. Kelly

David Fife said...

Looks like a super fun place. Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!

Cassie

Patrick and Jennie said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like a fun place and looks like you had a fun time!

Patrick and Jennie said...

Hey, I am trying to add you to my blog but I don't know your email address. Would you email me at payne.jennie@gmail.com? Thanks!

Shari said...

We of course drive by that place almost everyday and wondered what the back looked like. Nice to see your pictures. Its beautiful back there. The front always did look nice. maybe we will have to get ove there. leave the kids with my mom here i Midway.

Shari said...

Next time you should eat at the cooco cafe just down teh street from the mountain grill. Best sandwiches ever! they're toasted and delicious! They're only open right now for lunch and breakfast.

Tiff said...

oops, thought i had posted a comment. Happy Anniversary! Looks like you had a great time!