Friday, October 10, 2008

NEW DESK

My friend Desi was moving and getting rid of an old desk so I took it off her hands. It used to be what I call "faux wood" or "sticker wood" (it looks like you could peel the wood off like a sticker), or "fake wood." Look at it now though! I just gave it a couple coats of black paint, sanded the edges to give it a distressed look, put on new drawer pulls and finished it off with a nice coat of polyurethane spray! I am so excited, I didn't think it would turn out this good. Thanks for the desk Desi! If you look close enough by the keyboard you can see what it used to look like.... oops, I forgot to paint that part.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Cute, that's a score!

Daven and Savanna Lake said...

Steff, you are sooo good at stuff like that. My mom loves the dinning room, by the way...nice coaching!

Shari said...

your crafty! Nice job!

NATE, SARAH, AND JORDAN said...

Looks way cute steff your so creative. To answer your question I did get that little car at wal-mart in the toy section by the bikes its so wonderful I would recommend it to anyone. Addi's Birthday looked like so much fun she is so cute.

Tiff said...

Great job! I am so going to do this with the girl's dresser!

Katie S said...

I didn't know you could paint that sort of stuff. Good to know! It looks great!