Temple Square
The brilliant lights at temple square have people traveling from far away to bask in the beauty. It's definitely worth bundling up for.
Christmas Music
There's nothing better to put you in the spirit of Christmas than some good old holiday tunes.

"An Airus Christmas" by Kurt Bestor has always been my very favorite.

It's a tradition in my family to sing along with Mitch Miller every Christmas Eve.

No one can deny the beauty of Josh Groban's voice.

You can't go wrong with Bing Crosby. You can count on him for all of the classics. He also sings one of my favorite Christmas songs, "The Littlest Angel."
Christmas Movies

Another tradition in my family is watching, "It's a wonderful life." It will bring a tear to your eye and help you come to realize the TRUE meaning of Christmas. (They have it in color now!)

"A Christmas Story" is another one of my favorites, it's great for a good laugh!
Christmas Goodies

Penoche is a candy that's so DIVINE it will surely make you swoon. We have been making this candy since I can remember. It's very tricky to make and don't be surprised if you ruin the first batch every year. It truly is an old fashioned treat, you have to beat it for like two hours (by hand!), but let me tell you.... it's well worth the sweat and muscle ache. You have to taste it to believe it.

I am what you could consider a "choco-holic." :) Nothing's better than some good old homemade fudge. Need a good fudge recipe? I've got one that will make your knees weak! Not kidding!
Nativity Scenes

I love nativity scenes, they're so, so precious. Mary admiring her sweet little Jesus, Joseph looking on with care. Wise men traveling from afar to bring the little baby glorious presents. This truly was a special night. What a wonderful reminder of why we celebrate Christmas.
Decorations

I take after my mom when it comes to going all out in decorating my house for Christmas. There's just something about Christmas decorations, I love em.
Hot Chocolate

Nothing better to warm you up on a cold winter's night than some "Stephen's Gourmet Hot Cocoa." They have all sorts of flavors, my favorite being the mint truffle. They have a new flavor called candy cane that actually has bits of candy canes in it.
You can't have Christmas without snow. There is something so serene about snow falling, don't you agree? Especially at night when it's completely quiet outside and the snow flakes are gently falling to the ground covering the earth.
Cheese Ball

I think my sister in-law, Krista can appreciate this delightful creation. All I can say is, "Yum!"


5 comments:
We are so alike!
This is my absolute favorite time of the year. I have been known to get teary eyed when it comes time to put my decorations away. Home is just so comfortable, cozy, and festive with all the lights, shiny glass, glitter...
After Christmas I'll drown my sadness in fudge and cheeseballs. :)
So many good things about CHristmas - it really is the most wonderful time of the year!
I love this. This is such a fun time of year. I'm a sucker for cheese balls this time of year. I had to laugh that you put that on the list. :)
You forgot the nog! But, I too, love penoche. I have NEVER made a successful batch while living in Alabama. Is it the humidity? The fact that our elevation isn't even 200 feet? Am I a bad cook? I'm determined to find out!
yeah! I love christmas too - and lots of things on your list...so my fudge this year melts well, sweats when I take it out of the fridge...and I miss drinking hot chocolate to get warm...now I just drink it cuz I want to pretend I need to get warm :) so can you invite me to your blog - when you go private? my email is kelskamauu@gmail.com - did you get one to mine? Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment