Thursday, March 6, 2008

FAREWELL TO A GREAT PLAYER.... A GREAT MAN

BRETT FAVRE
This is for you honey!
Some of you may already know that Brett Favre, quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, is retiring. You may ask, "Why does this matter?" Well, Brett Favre is a household name in the Stubbs' home. Tim has faithfully watched Favre and the Packers through good times and bad times. Some may argue that he was one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game. Let's take a look at some of his stats:
  • 3 MVP awards (most in NFL history)
  • 160 wins (most in NFL history)
  • 253 consecutive starts (most in NFL history)
  • 442 touchdown passes (most in NFL history)
  • 61,657 passing yards (most in NFL history)
  • 5,377 completions (most in NFL history)
The list goes on and on my friends. Brett Favre was truly a remarkable player. Favre has one Super Bowl ring which may not sound like a lot to you, but the rings don't mean everything. He has accomplished so much more than other players with so many rings. Favre is not only a phenomenal football player, he is also an excellent father and husband. Things definitely won't be the same without him. He was a great player.... a great man.

5 comments:

~~Heidi~~ said...

wow i am impressed you know so much about him. you go girl... he was a good player. Sorry Tim I know you really like that guy, he is your team. Go cheese heads!

Unknown said...

Isn't he pretty HOT to????

Steffani said...

Yeah he is good looking! :)

Cheyenne said...

I would've rather seen HIM win the last Super Bowl instead of that Manning boy. I'm not a big fan of the Mannings...old SEC rivalries die hard...

Tiff said...

Okay, way too much info about football. I don't know anything about any sports. Am I pathetic or what? Any time I actually try to pay attention to a football game Dave is watching he has to explain everything to me.