Today we were outside playing and our neighbor, two doors down, came outside. The kids have seen him a few times, but not very often. Addi is so friendly, as soon as he came outside she excitedly said, "Hi!" He responded with a hello and a friendly smile. Then she came running over and yelled really loud, "Mom! That's Boozer!" Now, for those of you who don't know who Boozer is; he is Carlos Boozer, a power forward for the Utah Jazz. Yes, he's African American and so is our neighbor. I quietly said, "No Addi, that's not Boozer." Our neighbor was very nice and just smiled at us. Yeah, it was a little bit awkward. Afterward I just had to laugh at what Addi had said. I guess Tim's not the only one watching the Jazz games!:)
1 year ago

11 comments:
That is so funny!!! I love that we dont realize what our kids actually learn from us.
That's so funny, I can remember some moments like that. i got your message too about Saturday. I wish we were going to the game. Will just get together next week or if we wait till the week after i think mark has Saturdays off. So that Might me better. I'll talk to you about it later. Shari
That cracks me up! Come down for a visit and we'll go to Walmart and she'll see a lot of Boozers.
Oh Steffi haven't you learned it's not a good idea to ruffle the Kearl Girls feathers? At least not me & Cheyenne's. You could probably get away with it with Savanna :)
You're kids are too cute. A lady I work with has a little boy that calls African Americans chocolate milk! I wonder what black kids think the first time they see a white kid....
Oh my gosh! That is so funny. I am majorly fearing the day Kylie says something that will embarrass me. She is so chatty and loves to talk who know what will come out of her mouth!!
that is so cute, seriously she is so observent. That really is all you can do is laugh at them. cute girl
Hey Steffani, thanks for the comments on the recipes. I live in Southern California...all my family lives here, but Utah is a fun place to visit and see extended family and stuff.
I think your kids are taking after their cousing Desi...twenty bucks says she would have said the same thing...twenty bucks says she has said something similar...more than once too. Awwww kids are fun!
That's so funny! Luke said the very same thing a few (many, actually) years ago--only he thought the guy was Karl Malone.
That's cute. Ahhh. . .to see the world through a child's eye.
Post a Comment