Tuesday, April 22, 2008

RECIPE OF THE WEEK

Peanut Butter Bars

  • 3/4 c. butter, softened
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 3/4 c. b. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 3/4 c. peanut butter
*Mix these ingredients together, then add:
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 1/2 c. oatmeal
-Spread onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake @ 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. (Do not overcook!)  Spread with 1 cup of peanut butter while still warm.

Chocolate Frosting
  • 3 c. powdered sugar
  • 3-4 Tbs. cocoa powder
  • 1/4 c. melted butter
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1/3 c. milk (or less)
-Mix together and spread over cooled bars.
-Sometimes I use a container of pre-made chocolate frosting.
*This recipe comes from my sister in-law, Amy Hollingshead.  Thanks Amy!
**This recipe receives 5 stars!*****

4 comments:

Shari said...

I have to laugh, We must have had the same thing on our minds today. I posted a peanut Butter bar recipe too today on my cook site. I love peanut butter bars. The recipes look about the same.

Cheyenne said...

This is a dangerous combination of ingredients...

cari said...

Steffani-you left a comment on sisters and spice and I noticed that you like chocolate and peanut butter and thought you might like the recipe I posted on there for Tin Roof Pie. I love your blog and enjoy your "must haves" and recipes of the week.
Cari

Tiff said...

Yummy-nummy!