Sunday, May 25, 2008

A NEW PET

Is it a dog? No. Is it a cat? No. (Tim would never bring a cat home due to his phobia of the feline.) Is it a horse? No. Is it a chicken, a cow, a ferret, a frog, a turtle, a flying squirrel? No, no, no, no, no, no! Then what is it?

It's a crawdad!!!

Every year Tim's work has a crawdad fry. Being in the receiving department, Tim had the job of unloading all of the Crawdads shipped in from Louisiana. He thought, "How fun would it be if I kept one for a pet?" So yes....... he brought one home and named it Pinchy! It lives in a plastic crate in our kitchen!!!!! I can't even bare to look at it. My husband is such a kid. Who brings a crawdad home for a pet?!! Crustaceans do not make a good pet! You can't hold it or pet it. (Well I guess you could, but who would want to do that?!) I am trying to get him to go release it in Utah Lake or something. I am generally a very easy going wife, but I might just have to put my foot down of this one. You can tell by the next pictures just how much the kids love our new pet too!



2 comments:

Tiff said...

What the heck? Nasty! Do you eat those things? Your girls love it, I can tell!

Summer said...

I love that! What a funny thing! Your girls just hate it!!! They look terrified!