Tuesday, May 6, 2008

RECIPE OF THE WEEK


Best-Ever Lasagna
  • 9 lasagna noodles
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce
  • 16 oz. cottage cheese
  • 16 oz. sour cream
  • 2 c. or more mozzarella cheese, grated
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Cook the lasagna noodles until soft.  Brown the ground beef in a frying pan, then stir in the spaghetti sauce.  In medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, and 1 c. of the mozzarella cheese.
-In a 9X13" pan, layer 3 noodles, 1/2 the meat sauce and 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture.  Then layer 3 more noodles, the rest of the meat sauce, and the rest of the cottage cheese mixture.  Then layer the last three noodles and the rest of the mozzarella cheese. (You may need to add even more cheese to completely cover the top of the noodles.)
-Bake for 30 min. or until bubbly and lightly golden brown.
*This is one of the best lasagnas I have tried.  The sour cream really makes all the difference in this lasagna!

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Your mom gave me this recipe when I was in high school...it's the only one I've ever made and Aubrey says it beats all other kinds hands down. The recipe is so easy and economical and all my friends have it now!

Shari said...

I have the cricut expressions. I love it. We really should have a craft night. Do you have some friends that would liek to come. I would host one at my house. We could do craft till the am. or something like that. It would have to be a Saturday night because i have games most every friday night.