- 2 Tbs. yeast
- 2 c. hot water
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbs. sugar
- 6 c. flour
~In a small bowl combine 1 Tbs. of the sugar, 1/2 c. of the hot water and the yeast. Set aside. In a large bowl add the rest of the sugar, oil, salt and the rest of the hot water. Then add the yeast mixture. Stir. Add the flour one cup at a time to the rest of the mixture. Stir and knead for 10 minutes. Add more flour if needed. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Punch down and then roll half of the dough at a time into a fairly thin sheet on a floured counter top. Cut into 1 1/2 - 2" strips and make them however long you want them. Now twist each strip of dough (see picture) and place them on a cookie sheet.
Garlic Spread:
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 Tbs. garlic salt
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese (I use the kind in the plastic container)
- 1 Tbs. dried parsley flakes
~Melt the butter in a small dish in the microwave. Then stir the remaining 3 ingredients into the melted butter. Generously drizzle the butter mix. over the breadsticks with a pastry brush or spoon.
~Cook in a 425 degree oven for 10-15 min. or until golden brown. Place on cooling rack and enjoy! These breadsticks are sure to impress!
~Generally you will need to double the garlic spread, because of the amount of breadsticks this recipe makes.
~The dough recipe can also be used as a delicious pizza crust!

6 comments:
These look really good Steffani
Well the last 3 years I have gone to the Cedar City Parade it has been so stupid. I swear I am not going to go again. About the insulin, yes Nate breaks his all the time well about 3 times. You guys have been lucky I guess haha! Good for you cause everytime Nate drops his on tile it breaks ahh it sucks! oh and those breadsticks look yummy! I love how you put recipes on here.
Mmmm. They look so yummy.
I have to try these. they look really good. Hope to see you at reunion. Aloha Jimmy
are these the ones you used to make in college? They were great!!
Cassie
Like i told you on the phone, I made these Sunday for dinner. And even with wheat flour they still turned out yummo!! Instead of making extra butter spread, i sprayed all of them with ' i can't believe its not butter spray (no calories or maybe its 5)' Anywho, thanks for the recipe.
Post a Comment