Tuesday, July 8, 2008

OUR HOLIDAY WEEKEND

Thursday night:
Tim's insulin (the one he takes at night) rolled off the table and shattered. Not good, seeing how the pharmacy was closed the next day and it was a brand new bottle. He had to go without it Friday night and he felt like crap the next day. We had to shell out $100 bucks since it was too soon for a refill and the insurance wouldn't cover it. :( What a great start to our holiday weekend!

Friday:
I slept all day (still feeling pretty sick) and Tim took the girls to see Kung Fu Panda which they thoroughly enjoyed. I got a second wind, so we headed to Thanksgiving Point with some neighbors to watch the fireworks. It was very enjoyable, except they didn't play music with the fireworks. It just seemed like something was missing without the music! I always get teary when I hear "God Bless The USA" by Lee Greenwood. What a great song.

Saturday:
I felt a lot better! We had a pool party outside for the kiddos in the neighborhood. They had a blast! That night we had a barbeque with some friends and lit our own fireworks in the street. It was a fun, yet low-key weekend.

*This just in: We wrote an e-mail to the company that makes Tim's nighttime insulin, Lantus, explaining what happened and that he has never had a bottle break in 25 years of being diabetic. The pharmacist suggested we do this in hopes of getting a replacement bottle for free. Well folks, it worked! I just got a call from the Lantus company and they're going to send us a free bottle! It will be like getting our $100 back! I need to be more assertive with other things in life. If you don't ask, then you'll never know. Right?

Here are a few a lot of pictures from our weekend.










9 comments:

Trish said...

That's what I always say, It can't hurt to ask. Sounds like the end of your weekend went well. BTW I saw your post about discount tickets for Disneyland/Sea World, and here's what I've found. I found a coupon for $7 Sea World tickets here http://www.visitcalifornia.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Fun_Spots Also try costco in the area. You know how here they sell Lagoon tickets, etc, there they sell Sea World, Disneyland, etc. I don't know if you are going with family or friends that are from Southern CA, but southern CA residents get a discount at Disneyland. Also check here for Sea World http://deallocker.com/coupon/seaworld.com/ And try ebay for coupons, etc. Have fun!

The Sutherland Family said...

That sucks about the insulin, I'm glad you're getting a free bottle. I'm glad you liked Jesse too, I don't think a lot of people did!! Now I'm not the only one.

Tiff said...

I love the pictures of the girls! So cute! I especially love the closeup of both Hally and Addi in the swimming pool.

Shari said...

I agree with Tiff, I like that picture too. Looks like you guys had fun! Glad your feeling a bit better and that your getting your 100 dollars back. Years back we had a Hardon karmon cd burner and it broke adn the fix time at circut city wa going to be forever, so Mark gave it a shot and called harmon Kardon directly told them that we just loved it but the time to get it fixed was going to be 3 weeks. I kid you not no questions asked the very next morning there was one shipped and on our door step. Talk about an awesome company. They didnt even want the old one back, wich still could have been fixed.

David Fife said...

what beautiful girls! Sometimes the low key weekends or holidays are the best :)

Cassie

Diane said...

I was feeling so bad after reading you had to shell out the money for the medicine, and then rejoiced with you when I saw you were getting a free bottle!!!!!!!! Yay! I know I'd be sick over losing that hard earned money by accident.

On a lighter note, looks like you guys had a great weekend! Glad you are feeling better.

Desiree said...

No, no Tyler. He has to work. I'll bring him next time though :) I want you to meet him - you'd like him bunches!

Patrick and Jennie said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! I am glad you are feeling better.

NATE, SARAH, AND JORDAN said...

Steff-
I know exactly how you feel with the insulin. You don't know how many times nate has dropped his insulin and broke the bottle. That is good to know that they will send you a new one. I hope it never happens to us again but I know it eventually will :(