Monday, June 9, 2008

"MUST-HAVE" MONDAY

I have to have flowers!!!  I love, love, love to plant flowers in the very small garden that I am alloted  living in a town-home.  My mom is a flower expert and has some beautiful gardens of her own.  I definitely get my love of planting flowers from her.  I remember helping my mom in her flower gardens every summer.  We would lay the flowers out on the dirt until we got the pattern we wanted, then we would go back through and plant them.  When we moved to our town-house, we pulled out the bushes that were here when we moved in, just so I could have more flowers.  What good is it if it doesn't blossom?  Good thing Tim appreciates a pretty yard/garden as much as I do.  This year we planted some of these:


Snapdragons

And some of these:
Zinnias

And some of these:

And this is my cute planter:
I will post a picture of our garden once it starts filling in and blooming.

5 comments:

Trish said...

I love flowers too! We actually have a fairly large plot, but it doesn't get very much sun, so there's not a lot of flowerw that will grow. :( I have planted stuff, and we'll see if any of it comes up. We'll have to walk by your place later on this year to see all the pretty stuff

Patrick and Jennie said...

I love flowers too! Your flowers are so cute. I can't wait to see them in full bloom. I don't really have a yard yet, so I just plant flowers in the 2 planters I have.

Tiff said...

I love your flowers! Unfortunatley I didn't inherit the gardening gene from mom. I hate planting things and weeding things. Blah!

Cheyenne said...

I love flowers, too! My yard looks best in the spring and fall...it's too hot to go outside and work in the summer, so my flower beds tend to look a bit unruly...

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous. Are those zinnias this year? Mine are taking their sweet time...