Wednesday, June 18, 2008

YAY ME!

I just have to tell you how proud I am of myself! For those of you who know me well, you know that I have never been fond of reading. I have always admired people who are "well-read" and wished that I was the same. I think I had only read one novel in probably 5 years. (Yes, I read to my kids and try to be diligent in reading the scriptures.) My mom and sister have always LOVED to read books and when I was growing up they could sit and read a book all day long. I couldn't understand it! How could they just sit and read a book for days on end? I had to be doing something. My dad and I would always call them "book-worms." Well, things are changing for me. I am proud to say that I have read 4 novels in 6 months! My husband even called me a "book-worm." (Although I still don't think I warrant the title of "book-worm.") I read these books in less than 3 days each! I couldn't put them down! What is happening to me? Am I really turning into a "reader?" I guess I still wouldn't call myself a "reader," because all four book were by the same author, Stephenie Meyer. I know there are a lot of "real-readers" out there that look at my blog, and please I ask you, don't be ashamed of me. Yes, I know there are so many better options for reading, so many classic books! Why would I choose books about vampires and aliens? I guess it's a step in the right direction. Right? I am feeling like I want to read more and more books now. Maybe go outside of the box, maybe read something by a different author. Maybe I can achieve my dream of becoming "well-read!" I am open to suggestions people. What are some good books? I am talking exciting, suspenseful, and passionate books. Something that will keep my attention and not let me set it down. (Nothing against it, but not "Harry Potter.") Yay for me!

10 comments:

Diane said...

Vampires and Aliens...they would give me nightmares- LOL...BUT...I"m thrilled that you accomplished something you are proud of, something that you struggled with for awhile. For me, it was cooking. I never thought I could cook! 10 years of marriage and I like to think I'm pretty darn good in the kitchen now.

The Sutherland Family said...

I LOVE LOVE these books also. I can't wait for breaking dawn to come out!
For the walls I use this solution Josh bought from this person that was selling door to door cuase he felt bad!! I don't know what it's called, but I just mix it with warm water. I just use a wash cloth and a step stool and go to town!

Tiff said...

Oh you didn't just ask this, did you? I could tell you tons of good books. Let's see, I'm a big fantasy fan. There's the "Fablehaven" series, which I quite liked. More fantasy, "Eragon" and "Eldest". The Davinci Code, Angels and Demons, The Hiding Place, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, The Chronicles of Narnia. Just to name a few!

Steffani said...

Yeah, but is there passion in those like in the Twilight series? I like that. Maybe I should read a trashy romance novel. He He! j/k! :)

David Fife said...

KUDOS, I am not a reader!! Good for you!!!

Cassie

Tiff said...

Passion? No, not so much. i'm not much of a passion fan!

Trish said...

I have a book you can borrow, it's called Phantom. It's one lady's version of how the Phantom of the Opera became the Phantom of the Opera. I really enjoy it. It had passion, suspense, story, etc. Let me know if you want to borrow it!

Jenny Sue said...

Hmmm, passion eh? Well, I was going to suggest Ender's Game, though there isn't a ton of passion. But it's really good! People have been talking about it for ages and I finally got around to reading it recently and loved it! I wish I could read it for the first time, again (if that makes sense). I'll give it some more thought now that I know you are looking for something with a little pizzaz!

Summer said...

There are some good books by LaVyrle Spencer... she is good... her books ususally have at least one good smut scene!! I love the smut!! I am like you.... I am not a reader... I am just getting into the twilight series... I am almost done with twilight... they are very good books... Try LaVyrle(Sp?) Spencer... I really like her...

Tiff said...

Oh Jenny, I just started Ender's Game last night. I have also been hearing about it forever!