Wednesday, June 11, 2008

RECIPE OF THE WEEK

Dutch Oven Style Potatoes

  • 4-6 large potatoes
  • 1 lb. bacon
  • 1 large onion
  • 1 c. grated cheese
  • 3 Tbs. olive oil
  • 1/4 c.-1/2 c. water
  • salt & pepper to taste
-Thinly slice the potatoes; thinly slice the onion into long strips.  Place the potatoes and onions in the already warm frying pan with the oil.  Add salt & pepper to taste.  Cover and cook on medium heat until the potatoes are tender (adding water if necessary to keep from burning), then remove lid and let the potatoes and onions brown a bit on both sides.  Meanwhile cook the bacon separately, crumble and add to the potatoes and onions.  Just before ready, add the cheese and stir until melted.  Serve and enjoy!!
-Everyone loves some good dutch oven potatoes, but sometimes if you're not camping it easier to use a frying pan.  It's less mess and almost as good!!

5 comments:

Tiffany Rose Photography said...

yummy! I want to try some now. We have a dutch oven but it hasn't been seasoned and I don't know how to do that anyway. so dutch oven potatoes in a frying pan is great!

Diane said...

Oh you know Bacon makes everything taste better, right! :) We try to only eat bacon once a month (yeah, we a little bit of health nuts), but this is a must try this month.

Our favorite is an english muffin toasted, with a slice of american cheese and some eggs and a couple strips of bacon. Oh so good.

Cheyenne said...

Next to a steak and baked potato, this is my most favorite dish. I've never had it in a frying pan, though. Dad used to dig a hole at the end of the sidewalk and make it. Yum, yum, yum!

The Sutherland Family said...

Steff, You always have such good recipes. In fact, I stole your lasagna one and made it last night! This will be great, cause i never know what to make for dinner...now I'll just come to your blog!!

NATE, SARAH, AND JORDAN said...

Steff. I am so glad that you found me I have been trying to find out if you have a blog and stuff. I got your text forever ago and Nate erased it. I don't have your number so somehow I need to get that.Oh and I love your recipes that is such a great idea.